Construction Oil Analysis
The nature of the construction industry means that machinery is prone to high levels of contamination. If these contaminants are not removed, they can lead to:-
- ultimately costly component failure
Construction Oil Analysis can be applied to any machinery, including:-
- mobile plant
- earth movers
- dump trucks
- conveyor gear boxes
- mixer gear boxes
Reasons for Construction Oil Analysis
Small samples of used oil can reveal an incredible wealth of information regarding the health and condition of both the machine and the lubricant that is in use to protect its components. Managed Oil Services can analyse the lubricants from your construction machinery, returning concise information summarising the wear state of your equipment.
- detailing oil condition & fitness for continued component protection
- offering recommendation in the event that corrective maintenance is deemed necessary to prevent expensive, unscheduled downtime
Using various methods of lubricant and debris analysis, a detailed picture of water and contamination causes can be identified and trended over time to allow early response to potential failures. Oil analysis provides precise information concerning both the health of machinery components and the effectiveness of current lubrication protection.
- Oil analysis will detect the ingress of dirt, water or other contaminants into machinery - providing a warning when oil effectiveness is compromised
- All construction machinery produces microscopic wear particles through normal, everyday operation
- Regular analysis identifies accelerated wear early - i.e. when a component begins to deteriorate - allowing preventative action to be scheduled before a failure occurs
- The chemical balance of lubricants and additive packages is critical & many factors can contribute to an oil'wearing out' prematurely. Tribology monitors oil chemistry to warn when lubrication and additive packages are approaching the end of its operational life
- Ineffective lubrication is the single biggest cause of machinery failures - oil analysis provides the 'window' into understanding and controlling the quality of lubrication within your machinery.
You can contact Monition to discuss a no-obligation site-visit and consultation. Call us today on +44 (0) 1909 722000 or email email@example.com.